There are 123 pages on Dream of the Red Chamber Wiki.
Welcome to the Dream of the Red Chamber WikiEdit
Dream of the Red Chamber, also called The Story of the Stone, composed by Cao Xueqin, is one of China's Four Great Classical Novels. It was written sometime in the middle of the 18th century during the Qing Dynasty. Long considered a masterpiece of Chinese literature, the novel is generally acknowledged to be the pinnacle of Chinese fiction. "Redology" is the field of study devoted exclusively to this work.
Where to startEdit
You can start by looking at some characters pages:
- Jia Baoyu, the main character of the novel
- Lin Daiyu, the main love interst of Baoyu and the main female character. She is also one of the Twelve Beauties of Jinling
- Grandmother Jia, aka the Dowager, the leader of the Rongguo mansion, grandmother of a lot of main characters.
- Xue Baochai, the third girl of the love triangle with Baoyu and Daiyu.
To understand more about the relationship between the different characters and families you can look at some Families pages such as:
- Jia Family, the family of the main protagonist Jia Baoyu, and a lot of others.
- Wang Family, the family of the main protagonist by his mother side.
- Xue Family, the family of Baoyu's wife: Xue Baochai.
Finally if you're familiar with the novel already and you wants to know more about the studies around it, here are some links that could interest you:
- Redology, the academic study of Cao Xueqin's Dream of the Red chamber.
- Cao Xueqin, the main author of the 80 first chapters of the novel.
- Gao E, another author who participate in the publishing of the novel.
Photos and videos are a great way to add visuals to your wiki. Find videos about your topic by exploring Fandom's Video Library.